Why has my application been rejected?
Applications are usually rejected on the following grounds:
- Applicant is not resident in designated territory, UK, US, Canada, Australia
- Lack of tangible writing experience demonstrated in CV together with a poor written sample
What makes a poor copywriting sample?
Poor written samples usually include one or more of the following attributes:
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes.
- Factually inaccurate information
- A distinct lack of research into the subject matter or any real insight
- A tendency to state the obvious, e.g. - “If you are like most others you are probably looking for a way to save money every month.”
- Consistent repetition of words/themes or ideas
- Semantically null sentences, e.g: "Now when you want clean clothes in the 21st century, it couldn't be much easier than it is today."
What makes a good copywriting sample?
- Are free from any spelling or grammatical errors
- Have a good structure – including subheadings as well as a coherent start, middle and end
- Are current – include details of recent events
- Are interesting and engaging
- Are genuinely insightful
- Don't state the obvious
- Are imaginative